In Windows 10 images are pre-installed some apps. Start to capture a reference image with SCCM and then , in the step of Sysprep process shows this: Error 0x00004005.
Execute this command powershell with Administrator rights Console:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
This command uninstall all apps.
Once Finished, try again to ejecute the capture process.
Every time that i have to deploy something using task sequences, i ask mysef where SCCM save the logs? . Depending on where the task sequence is failing, you should find the smsts.log file in one of the following locations.
- Windows PE before HDD format: x:\windows\temp\smstslog\smsts.log
- Windows PE after HDD format: x:\smstslog\smsts.log and copied to c:\_SMSTaskSequence\Logs\Smstslog\smsts.log
- Full version Windows before SCCM agent installed: c:\_SMSTaskSequence\Logs\Smstslog\smsts.log
- Full version Windows after SCCM agent installed: c:\windows\ccm\logs\Smstslog\smsts.log
- Full version Windows (x64) after SCCM agent installed: c:\windows\sysWOW64\ccm\logs\Smstslog\smsts.log
- After Task Sequence has finished running: c:\windows\ccm\logs\smsts.log
- After Task Sequence has finished running (x64): c:\windows\sysWOW64\ccm\logs\smsts.log